- An average rain barrel can cost anywhere from $50-$120
- 55 gallon water barrels can cost $40-$99
- Great American Rain Barrel Company is the largest rain barrel company.
- A single rain barrel can save 1,000 gallons of water a year.
- rain barrels reduce demand on ground-water resources
- rain barrels reduce the energy that’s required to obtain fresh water
- The clean water act began in 1972 it gives the US a goal for water conservation purity, and quality
- Between May 15 and September 15 Glen Ellyn will be enforcing lawn sprinkling rules. The rules allow odd numbered street addresses to water their lawns on odd number days. The even numbered street addresses water their lawn on odd number days.
- In 2010 an average water barrel cost $42 instead of $50-$120